GeneralPediatrics.com is the General Pediatrician's view of the Internet. The goal of GeneralPediatrics.com is to provide a starting point for entry into General Pediatrics places of enlightenment and education on the Internet. GeneralPediatrics.com identifies high quality General Pediatrics World-Wide Web sites that can teach, illuminate, and inspire. Feel free to bookmark and / or link to GeneralPediatrics.com.
Currently, GeneralPediatrics.com is not accepting any type of advertising.
The SiteMeter logo at the bottom of the pages gives GeneralPediatrics.com free computer server log statistics.
Copyright and Use of Content
All contents copyright © 1998-2018 Donna M. D'Alessandro, M.D. All rights reserved. All information contained within GeneralPediatrics.com is the property of Donna M. D'Alessandro, M.D. unless otherwise noted. Duplication of any information contained within the GeneralPediatrics.com for reasons besides personal use requires the expressed written permission of Dr. D'Alessandro. GeneralPediatrics.com links to high quality, authoritative pediatric medical information. It does not own the intellectual property or copyright of the individual documents. Please contact the individual authors or institutions directly to obtain such permissions.
Criteria For World Wide Web Site Selection and Inclusion
GeneralPediatrics.com uses the following criteria for World-Wide Web site selection:
1) the site is selected by a process of peer review by accreditation rather than a referee model, because accreditation models are designed for works that change over time. To become accredited, a site must clearly display four core quality standards:
GeneralPediatrics.com uses the following secondary criteria for World-Wide Web site selection:
1. Must provide direct access to the medical information, i.e. not hidden behind a password. Similarly, annotated bibliographies which do not provide direct access to the information are not linked to.
2. Documents must be written in the English language unless noted. Currently, the websites and medical information are reviewed by persons who are native English speakers only and therefore websites in other languages cannot be evaluated properly even with the use of machine translation services.
3. GeneralPediatrics.com links to the authoritative information on a particular subject as directly as possible. Specific medical information for health care providers and patients and families must be provided, not just general information such as services provided by an institution, society or group.
4. Other topics will be added to the digital library on a periodic basis, after reviewing the needs of our patrons.
5. The links will try to provide a balance of viewpoints on a problem.
Medicine is an ever-changing science. As new research and clinical experience broadens our knowledge, changes in treatment and drug therapy are required. In view of the possibility of human error or changes in medical sciences, neither GeneralPediatrics.com, its curator, sponsoring organizations, nor any other party who has been involved in the preparation or publication of this work warrants that the information contained herein is in every respect accurate or complete, and they are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. The information provided is designed to support, not replace, the relationship between patients and their healthcare providers. Readers are encouraged to confirm the information contained herein with other sources including their healthcare provider.
Currently, GeneralPediatrics.com has no active mirror sites and does not allow downloading of the site for remote use. In the future, GeneralPediatrics.com may establish official mirror sites.
Links to GeneralPediatrics.com
GeneralPediatrics.com encourages others to link to GeneralPediatrics.com. GeneralPediatrics.com does not allow framing or downloading of its contents.
"Official" Description of GeneralPediatrics.com
GeneralPediatrics.com (http://www.generalpediatrics.com) is an award-winning pediatric digital library that identifies and organizes high quality, authoritative General Pediatric World Wide Web sites. It is designed for quick and easy use by pediatric health care providers in their daily practices and patients and families in their daily lives.
Personal Medical Questions
GeneralPediatrics.com and Dr. D'Alessandro are unable to answer your personal medical questions.
GeneralPediatrics.com is is funded in whole by Donna M. D'Alessandro, M.D.
GeneralPediatrics.com links to high quality, authoritative pediatric medical information. Please contact the individual authors or institutions directly to obtain permissions for translation. Be wary of machine translation.
Use of the GeneralPediatrics.com logo and contents for publication in electronic or other media forms
GeneralPediatrics.com may allow use of its logo and contents depending on the individual circumstance. Please contact Dr. D'Alessandro at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
All contents copyright © 1998-2018 Donna M. D'Alessandro, M.D. All rights reserved. "GeneralPediatrics.com", the GeneralPediatrics.com logo, and "The General Pediatrician's View of the Internet" are all Trademarks of Donna M. D'Alessandro, M.D.
Last Revised: January 9, 2018